Yikes, I stepped on the scale two weeks ago to start our third round of the "Biggest Loser" at work and I had gained back about 9 pounds I had lost from round 2! Not a good thing in my book. But what really is the correct number for a woman my age?
They say that weight is just a number but these days they are giving so many numbers out that I just don't know which one I should be concerned about. It used to be that if you were a woman around my heighth of 5'7" then you probably ran around the 130 - 140 pound range. Then about ten years ago they really started pushing the BMI number. So once you figure out that very difficult equation it will tell you if you are "normal", "obese", or OMG also known as "morbidly obese". I'll be honest by their calculations, I'm in the OMG section! Now you can add to the list of numbers your body fat percentage which I still haven't figured out how that comes into play and then thanks to the wonderful show that I'm addicted to, The Biggest Loser, you now have the phrase "Know Your Number" which I believe is your internal age. Let's face it by the time you figure out all the calculations to figure out all the terms of the previous numbers you will be 60 years old and your internal age will be 100 and you are probably in a bit of a predicament anyway. But its just a number, right?
Let us not forget the numbers we need to lose weight! You have the ever wonderful calorie counting and even then that can get confusing. You eat so many calories for what you weigh at that point in time and then you have to figure out how many calories burned compared to how many calories consumed which equals your amount of calories left to worry about at your next weigh-in. Then there is the glorious Weight Watcher points. You take the calories, fat grams, and fiber to equal your points and thanks to the most recent addition you now have an extra 35 points a week that you can either spread out or pig out depending on how you use them. I don't know about you but all of this makes my brain hurt. Or maybe my IQ points are too low as well.
So, I know I'm going to have to eventually tell you my weight in order for anyone reading this to actually track my progress but for now let's say I weigh the average of a 6'2" man plus a 10 month old baby.
Hopefully by my next weigh-in on Monday the baby would have changed a really wet diaper and for my daughter's case, that equals about 2 pounds some days.
Crunching the Numbers,
KW
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment